Sunday, June 19, 2016

Recap of this past week

Activities for Last week - Week 2 of 31

 Sunday
Monday 
 Tuesday
Wednesday 
Thursday 
 Friday
 Saturday
C25K W1 D3
1.98 Miles
C25K W2 D1
3.07 Miles


C25K W2 D2
2.32 Miles
 C25K W2 D3
3.1 Miles
 Walking
3.3 Miles

So, for the week that has put me at 14.72 Miles of activities, with a running total of 25.47 miles since starting on 6/5/16.  

I keep swearing that I'm going to get the bike out during the weekends.  I HAVE to get it out next weekend and take it for a ride!

The week ahead - Week 3 of 31
I've started this week off with getting over 11,000 steps in for today.  In the very LEAST, I want to get 10,000 steps a day.  Something to strive for each and every day.  

Monday-Wednesday-Friday are my scheduled C25K Days, and big changes come up on the routine for this week.  
Brisk five-minute warm-up walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
  • Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
I will be using the timed method.  So, that 3 Minutes of Jogging, at this point it seems HUGE.  All I can do is tackle it tomorrow and see how it goes.  Week 2 started off rough, but by Friday things were clicking together much better.  I hope that I can minimize repeating weeks.

I just have to remember, at my best, I was up to 8 Minutes of Jogging with 2 minutes of walking.  That was also the summer that we had temps in the 90's for several weeks of my training!  In re-reading my first 1/2 Marathon story, I had totally forgotten that I had jogged at least 4 of the first 6 1/2 Miles!

I know I have it in me!  It's just 3 Minutes, twice!

Other POI's
So, the selection of other jump ropes at Wally World were less than desirable for my tastes.  No, I really don't want a pink sparkly rope or a purple one.  The other ropes were all similar to the cheap plastic one I already picked up.  I may just break down and order the one from Amazon that keeps appearing in my suggested items, now that I've bought Buddy Lee's Jump Rope book!

In the very least, I've been spending 30 seconds to a minute before running kind of mimicking jumping rope and it seems to be helping the shaky ankle.  Yes, the ankle I injured several years ago still gives me fits.   Friday's run I felt much more stable than I have on it in a LONG time.  Today, it hardly bothered me at all!

When I went to put my shoes on to walk Saturday, I noticed that those were the shoes I had been running in all week!  OOopps!  Oh, well.  At least those shoes don't really have that many miles on them, so they're okay to still run in.  I'll have to make sure that my new shoes are put in a more prominent place for me to grab them Tomorrow!


Thanks for Reading!
Regards, ~Kipp

2016 - Challenge Year: Me Vs. Me!

Check the link above to see my current and past races.

No comments:

Post a Comment