Friday, June 17, 2016

Late night Friday document dump!

Me V. Me Week 2
I did weigh in on Tuesday, and the results are as follows:

Week
Date
2011

Weekly%
Overall%
2016

Weekly%
Overall%
0
5/31/2011
257
3
1.15%
6.55%
285
0
0.00%
0.00%
1
6/7/2011
256
1
0.39%
6.91%
283
2
0.70%
0.70%
2
6/14/2011
259
-3
-1.17%
5.82%
283
0
0.00%
0.70%

Rather anti-climactic.  All I can say is I did better than 5 years ago!  No gain, but no loss either.  Text Text Text

C25K Week 2
Monday's shift to a new routine was a little rough, but Days 2 and 3 went smoothly.

In fact, I misheard the app, and actually had one stretch of running last over 2 minutes, instead of just 90 seconds.

Next week is the tell-tale sign of how things are progressing.  Week 3 is getting into "much" longer run segments, going up to 3 minute running segments.  I'm pretty sure five years ago I probably did week three a couple of times (I know I took a step back when I went from treadmill-o-doom to running outside).

Skimming through the past
I've actually been going back through and re-reading what I wrote five years ago, leading up to the half-marathon.  So many of the links are broken, blogs that I had linked to are almost all gone.  It's a shame, there was a lot of good information.  Maybe I should have been a little plageristic and copied some of that info.  Oh well.  

Be Like Paul

I don't think he reads this, but Kudo's to Paul.  He is one of my "Disney" friends that lost a lot of weight just by sticking to the basic walking at least 10K steps a day and paying attention to what he was eating.  So i'm now also trying to aim to get to that 10K a day step goal.  So, during my C25K training, I now extend the "cool down" walk to more like 25 minutes instead of 5.

Be Like Dave

Dave's writings lately have really bolstered my outlook.  With struggling so hard to even get this weight to START dropping, it's been great to look at something positive.  He writes in a way that makes me think at times that he's speaking directly to me.

Marathon Weekend Planning

Next week should be the week I start getting my room reservation started!  Unlike my first Marathon Weekend, I'm sticking with my usual Disney Travel Planner, Liz at Charmed Destinations (her own company)!  

Five years ago, I went with a very popular Disney Travel company and did NOT receive the great attention that I've come to love from Liz.  I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the level of service I had from the other company that is touted as having supurb customer satisfaction.  Come to find out, I saved exactly ONE PENNY per night over rack rate, let alone the difficult time I had with communications with them.

A couple of years ago, some of my marathon trip went boo-boo.  Liz was on top of it in a flash!  My magical express package never arrived and she made sure as I was flying out from Indy that Magical Express would handle everything by the time that I got there!  As soon as I landed at Orlando MCO, I had a message on my phone from Liz letting me know that Magical Express was expecting me and everything was all set.  They even went as far as to tell me not to get my bag.  When I checked in at Magical Express, the took a copy of my bag tag receipt and took care of it for me!

The rest of my Marathon Weekend planning, I've not made that same mistake ever again.  

Charmed Destinations


Hi!

Shout out to my running buddies at WiSH!  
Go Team Hakuna Matata!
Rick!  Next phone call, I need to make sure my phone is either 100% or have the charger next to me!  :)

Now... Lets see how many hits I get on this post, compared to other ones.  Since this one will post around Midnight!



Thanks for Reading!
Regards, ~Kipp

2016 - Challenge Year: Me Vs. Me!

Check the link above to see my current and past races.

No comments:

Post a Comment