Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Little Bit of Catch Up

C25K - W1 D3
Last Thursday, I got home very late from work, but I still wolfed down dinner and then went out for my run.  Nothing special, averaged 17 minute miles (did 2.01 miles.)  It was a little less humid, which made it easier to breathe as compared to the first two running days!

C25K - W2 D1
It was family reunion this past weekend!  UGH!  To say I gained weight is an understatement.  It was a weekend of non-stop eating it seems like.  We had a great turn out.  It was great to see everyone!


I felt kinda like this.
Got home Sunday afternoon and I still laced up the shoes and headed out for the next run!

About half way through the run, part of my left glute decided to cramp up or something.  I did a lot of walking and I stopped one or two times trying to stretch it out or work it out.

Finally, by the end of the routine it wasn't feeling too bad.  I still hit it with the foam roller that night!

C25K - W2 D2 
Tonight was much better feeling than Sunday was.  It was still hard to breathe until I got passed the first 1.5 miles.  Then things started to kick in and feel right.  At this point, I'm thinking that I may be repeating Week 2.  It's been rough this week and I know that I have up to 3 weeks that I can repeat without impeding the 1/2 Marathon training schedule.

Cycling - Saturday
If the weather is nice, I plan on going for a bike ride.  I've not decided where to.  It may end up just being one of those days you start off in a direction and just go.

"Homesick" for Disney!
Just over 30 days to go!  In the meantime, I've had this video going in the background, pretending that I'm at a Disney World Resort!





Thanks for Reading!
Regards, ~Kipp

2015 - Rebuilding from the Shoes up!

Check the link above to see my current and past races.

No comments:

Post a Comment