Tuesday, June 5, 2012

IT'S ON AGAIN!! Welcome to Week Zero

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!

At the EXACT same amount of weeks before my next Florida/Disney World trip that we began at last year, Dad has decided to bring it on again!  We have 25 Weeks till our vacation, and we're going to go for a biggest loser style contest again.

Week Zero

Week
Date
Kipp

Weekly%
Overall%
Dad

Weekly%
Overall%
0
6/5/2012
249



230




So this brings us to our initial weigh in.  Week Zero.  I'm still 7 pounds over the lowest weight that I had last year (242# @ 11/15/11).  I started our contest last year weighing in at a whopping 275#!  Dad is starting 3 pounds over what he started with last year (227# @ 3/29/11).  His lowest recorded weight during our contest last year came @ 5/31/11 with 216#.


This year Vs. Last


With the shift in the vacation plan this year, this will actually put me right in the middle of my Marathon(s) training time.  I will have already run the Indy Monumental Half on November 3 (brr!!!) and will be in my next training mode for the Disney World 5K and Half in January of 2013!  (Goofy is running the 1/2 and Full marathons, so I figure the 5K and 1/2 should be dubbed Pluto :) 


Last year I was just starting the Bridge 2 10K program  and was not yet running as long of a distance that I would start into on the 1/2 Marathon Training Program!

My thought on how we started at the same time.

You can make dining reservations at Disney World (called ADR's) at 180 days out from your stay.  So last week I was making our reservations.  I called Dad last Saturday Morning telling him that I had made the last reservation and what they all were.  So we began discussing that we really should get back on it for loosing weight again!  So, I'm sure we had much of the same discussion last year when I made the reservations!  :)


For those that are interested, here are the reservations that I made, with links to their Disney World websites.


Day 1: Magic Kingdom - The Plaza Restaurant
Day 2: Hollywood Studios - 50's Prime Time Cafe
Day 3: Epcot - Tutto Italia
Day 4: Magic Kingdom Resorts - Polynesian - Ohana
Day 5: Magic Kingdom Resorts - Contemporary - Chef Mickey's

The last day will be a partial day for me, so we will be doing the breakfast buffet at Chef Mickey's.  It's a character meal, so we'll get to see Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Minnie!


One possible change could come from the fact that we might want to do a Candlelight Processional Dinner package at Epcot.


If you are ever in Disney World around the Christmas Holiday season, you MUST go see the Candlelight Processional at Epcot!  I look forward to it each time we visit in the Christmas Time season!


Thanks for Reading!  Regards,
~Kipp

Lighter, Stronger & Faster for 2013!
Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon
January 7, 2012-  FINISHED 3:48:49

No comments:

Post a Comment