Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12's and Weekly Recap!

New Shoes!


My new shoes came into my local running shop for me to try on.  Only the 2E's came in, the 4E's were back ordered.  No need for the 4E's, as these were fantastic.  I took them for a short spin on their Treadmill-o-doom and they felt great!  No more sliding around in the toe box!  Apparently some of my weight loss in the past year has made my feet a little bit narrower.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 - Very tame coloring
The price on them have, of course, gone up since the previous model.  I got my GTS 11's for $100, these were $110.  Thankfully, my customer service awards I won last week took the brunt of this bill today :)  
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 - no longer SUPER WIDE
These, paired with my Brooks Trance 10's (purchased from Runningwarehouse.com on 2/22/12, first run in 2/26/12, on deep discount sale due to release of Trance 11's) should get me through to the Monumental 1/2 Marathon in November.  I'll probably need a new pair or two to carry me through training and the Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon in January 2013.

If anyone is wondering what the difference between the Trance and Adrenaline's are, you can read this from a conversation at Brooks online : LINK
Brooks Trance 10 - with Garmin Footpod attached
My red and blue pair of Asics 2160's are now being regulated down to my "walking shoes", or "everyday shoes".  I seem to do okay in them when I walk, but running in them was pretty much out of the question lately.  I'm halfway tempted to take the blue Asics 2160's and place them with my other WDW Half Marathon items, as those were what I wore for the race this year.
Asics 2160's - Red and Blue pair
I'm now $.50 away from getting my $25 certificate from the Blue Mile (spend $250 with them and they give you a $25 certificate).  So I should at least get $25 off my next pair of shoes for this fall :)

Week of 6/17/12 Recap

SUNDAYMONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAY
17181920212223
No workout, back sore from previous day run.
UNDER Calorie Goal (1200)
Run 3.52 Miles
UNDER Calorie Goal (400)
Walk 0 Miles
Did not record
Walk 3.22 Miles
Did not record
Rest Day
Under Calorie Goal (300)
Walk 0 Miles
OVER Calorie Goal (1250)
Run 5.63 Miles
UNDER Calorie Goal (1300)


Once again, I didn't comply 100% with getting everything done with tracking and exercise.  Tuesday night I went out and decided that I would walk the following day. Check, that was about the only think I really stuck to this week.


I'm quite confident that if Dad stuck to his plan this week, I'm going to loose another week to him on Tuesday.  I did a weigh in this morning and it's not looking good for me this week!


Friday...  WOOOF!  OVER calorie goal by a TON!  Mom & I went to Firehouse Subs for something different.  The dinner wasn't too bad, in itself.  It's just when you pile that on top of not walking and adding treats from the theater...  That's what happens when I skip walking to go to the movies.  I went and saw 2 movies Friday night and just really blew it for this week, as I'm quite positive that Tuesday and Wednesday I'm over on the calories too.  (FYI - I went to see Brave and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, both were good movies.)



Thanks for Reading!  Regards,
~Kipp

Lighter, Stronger & Faster for 2013!
Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon
January 7, 2012-  FINISHED 3:48:49
Registered for the 2013 5K & 1/2!

No comments:

Post a Comment