Saturday, March 3, 2012

Status Update: Part Ducks


After grocery shopping and dinner while watching the Nationwide NASCAR race in Phoenix, I did get back onto the treadmill-o-doom.

The results still weren't pretty, but my legs felt a lot better than they did earlier today.  I went for another 2.25 miles.

I basically rotated with 1/4 mile walk and 1/4 mile run.  I took it easy, just trying to get good legs under me again.

Next bit of news is that I'm putting a new race onto my schedule for this year!  I'm going to enter into the Monumental Half here in Indy for November 3, 2012!  Yeah, I know... it's gonna be COLD!  A runner from the Chicagoland area that I met online and got to meet face to face during the Disney World Marathon Weekend will be coming down for it and asked if I'd be interested in doing this event too.

I've heard good things from people at work that know people that have run this race (wow...) that they like this race better than the Mini Marathon for the Indy 500 in May.  I've heard that the entertainment is just as good, or even better in some instances than the Mini, and the route is much more enjoyable.

So I said yes, I'll run the event.  The only thing I have to do now is actually sign up for it.  I just missed a $5 off sale they had yesterday.  I'll keep an eye on it this week to see if they do something again, otherwise I'll just sign up on payday next Friday.

Rick is the runner that I'll be entering with.  You can read about some of his journey at his blog (link).  He too got the news about his health and decided to something about it.  Very much like myself, he chose to start running.  Rick has advanced much further than I have, and has already passed the century mark on weight loss!  He is also much faster than I am at the moment.  Rick has also been very generous to me.  He and I had the same Polar Heart Rate watch.  He wrote an article for Polar about his journey and won his choice of any watch they make as the prize!  He gave his old unit to someone, but they didn't want the computer link.  Rick sent me the link because I mentioned that it was one of the toys I wanted to get!

I'm trying to find out a tentative date for our family reunion this summer.  I'd like to enter the Rock'n'Roll 1/2 in Chicago, but it is right around the time that we normally have our reunion.  I'm quite sure that if I were to go ahead and enter it, THAT would be the weekend it will be!  The other hiccup on going to Chicago may be the room prices.  OUCH!  Much worse than last time I looked into staying up there!!

In the near future, I'll be posting a 1 year re-cap of my own personal journey and my plans for the next year!




Thanks for Reading!  Regards,


~Kipp




Lighter, Stronger & Faster for 2013!
Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon - January 7, 2012 FINISHED 3:48:49

1 comment:

  1. Awesome - another race on the books always helps the motivation!

    ReplyDelete