Monday, May 30, 2011

Little case of Lazy Ass - Week 6 Day 1 round 2

Yes, you're reading that correctly.  I'm starting Week 6 over again, due to my having a little bit of lazy ass syndrome over the weekend.  But first I want to give a few shout outs:

To all those that have served and are currently serving our country by being in any branch of the Military, 
Thank YOU!

Then next is to a friend that ran in a 5K over the weekend.  I'll call him Mr. Hears A Who:

Congratulations!

With a chip time of 31:04.2! He's booking along at a much better pace that I'm currently doing!  I think I may have a couple of pounds on him though.

So, back on to the subject of my being lazy this past weekend.  Thursday would have been my normal night for Day 3 on the weekly schedule.  I came home that evening and was totally exhausted.  We had some rough weather last week here in Indy and that led to me having a couple of near sleepless nights.  I wound up falling asleep on the couch after dinner Thursday.  Friday night is Mom & my Subway night.  I figured that I'd just wait till Saturday.

Saturday comes and during the morning I don't feel like doing much.  We end up going to do our grocery shopping a bit later than usual.  After we get back and have dinner, I decide that I'm finally going to go see Thor at the movies.  Another day shot.

Sunday!  Indy 500 time!  First time experiencing the local coverage of the Indy 500 on TV.  All four major local networks had stuff going on, so I spent most of the morning flipping channels watching stuff leading up to the 500.  Then...  I find out that since we're now in Indy, the race is delayed!  No live coverage on TV!  ARRRRRGH!  So we listen to the race on the radio (I hadn't done that since the 1970's!!).  Then we end up watching it all on the delay starting at 7pm with "pre-race" and then 8pm for the race start.  
So that leaves today!!  I get all my running gear on (yes, I now have "running gear").  Get on the treadmill... and nothing.  Treadmill no-go.  No-va.  ARRRRRRGH!  I open it up to check one of the sensors that is prone to be mis-aligned.  Everything there seems to be okay.  Put it all back together.  I can get it going in fit's & starts & stops, so I struggle along.  By the end of the workout, it seems to be working normally again.  I'll find out tomorrow night if it is...

Kipp-o-meter (subject to name change at any given time) 

Today is: 5/30/2011


DAYS2GO
Walt Disney World Trip: 9/2/2011 95
Disney World 1/2 Marathon: 1/7/2012 222

Thanks for Reading!  Regards,

~Kipp

Running to 2012... and BEYOND!
Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon - January 7, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment