Sunday, April 10, 2011

Woof! Start of C25K Week 3, Day 1

When you look at Week 3, it really doesn't look like much:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
  • Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
Five-minute cool down.

Important part is... I DID IT.  I had to slow down a little bit on the 2nd 3 minute run, but I didn't slow it down that much (from 4.0 down to 3.9, then 3.8 last minute).

Today was an awesome day here in Indy.  I started out this morning by mowing the lawn and finally putting down some grass seed in the bald spots in the front yard.  Watched some Indycar and had a good dinner of some Shepherd's Pie from a recipe from a Prevention Cookbook I picked up the other week.  The reason I spotted the book to begin with was that the Shepherd's Pie was on the cover.  We hunted around for a butcher shop that actually sold Lamb and it was worth it.  The recipie needs some tweaking (too much onion!).  But very good none-the-less.  I digress.  The weather was "unseasonably hot".  It felt good to me!

After waiting for dinner to settle in, I then tackled W3D1.  This is also when I found that "unseasonably hot" was impacting my workout.  I felt like I poured buckets of sweat.  I was really feeling like the Kirk line in the new Star Trek movie... "I feel like I'm leaking."

Thanks for reading!  Regards,

~Kipp

1 comment: