Sunday, December 24, 2017

Thirty-Seven Miles

Thirty-Seven Miles
Thirty-seven miles.  That is all of the running that I have done this year.

I never posted what happened at the January 1/2 Marathon, as I was actually one of the ones that was thankful that it was canceled.  

Around Christmas last year, I came down with some nasty crud.  I had not felt that bad in a LONG time, if ever!  I stayed at home and mostly in bed for most of New Years.  When it came time to go down, I thought I was feeling better and went ahead and flew down to Orlando.

Then, it got worse.  It was to the point that on Sunday morning, I went to the urgent care and they gave me some antibiotics.  My ears were plugged up and I was getting dizzy spells.  They also gave me some vertigo medication to deal with the dizziness.

Afterwards, to say that I was disappointed was an extreme understatement.  I had actually TRAINED for that 1/2!  My motivation to run went below zero.

I was all signed up for the Indy Mini at the beginning of May.  Work happened.  We were to launch our big software update, and it was mandatory that we work that weekend.  In a way, I was relieved of that happening too.  I had not done any training for it since the January fiasco.  I was disappointed to miss out in doing it with my friend Rick, but I did get to spend some time with him at the expo.  

I got out a few times over the spring and summer, but I just wasn't really into it.

So, with all of that, I let myself go pretty much.  I joined Weight Watcher late in the summer, but haven't made much progress on the weight front as usual.

Life Changes
So, by the time summer has come around, I had made some life changing decisions.  I asked Shelley to marry me.

She said yes!

On a classic train ride.
This was the start of a whirlwind of activities that I never imagined! I was busy, Shelley was beyond busy!  We decided that we were going for sooner rather than later.  The date was to be about six months later!

Shelley's planning was great and everything went very well!


Marriage!
November 4th, 2017.

Kipp & Shelley got married!
The day came, and it went pretty much as planned!

Friends of mine said that they had not seen me smile that much in 20+ years!  I'm very happy and cannot think of life any other way now.

Two weeks after the wedding, we traveled down to Orlando.  We spent some honeymoon time at Walt Disney World (of course) and the Kennedy Space Center.  We also spent Thanksgiving with family.  We had a great time, but it went by too fast.


A year in the blink of an eye!

With everything going on this year, it went by so fast!  The time between the engagement and wedding has all become one big blur!  

Mixed in with all of this, was a moving day too!

Even leading up to Christmas tomorrow!  CHRISTMAS!  Already!

There were tons of memories made this year.

I had intentions to get out and run more often, but it always seemed like I let something get in the way.  As we all know, if I had really wanted to, I'd have found the time.  Procrastinating as time sped by. 

Looking to 2018

I have my last blood results in for this year, and my next doctors visit is on the 28th.  It's not good.  My numbers are not good, and I need to turn things around again.

It's getting to be a broken record.  So, once again, onto more life changes.  I HAVE to get this right, as I now have much to look forward to!  I want to make sure that Shelley and I have a long time in front of us.  If I do not make changes, that future could be in jeopardy.

I have signed up for the Indy Mini again.  I have my training plan kicking off the new year.

Will I sign up for more races, only time will tell.  

We are looking forward to having another busy year, but in better lifestyle ways.  More physical activities and less of the eating activities!

It's time to dust the treadmill & bike back off and get them set up to be used.  

The end goal, is still to loose one hundred pounds.




Thanks for Reading!
Regards, ~Kipp

2018 - Get moving again!
Check the link above to see my current and past races.

No comments:

Post a Comment