Saturday, June 25, 2016

Ew, gross!

Bye Bye

Well, as every runner has experienced toe nail loss at one point or another, I'm going to need to do some extra work the next few months.

Last January, I walked the Walt Disney World Half in shoes that weren't quite broken in.  I had only really worn them 2 or 3 times before the event.  Instead of wearing an older pair, I went ahead and wore the new ones.

I ended up with 3 toenails that were what I would consider bruised.  The 2 splotches on the left foot have been doing well, but my right big toe I've been working with since January.  Well, this morning while performing toenail maintenance (Okay, yes, trimming my nails) I heard a loud CRACK when I cut into the right big toenail.  Yep, the bruised section broke away, leaving me with quite the mess of a nail left.  I've given a non-graphic graphic of my loss this morning.

Now the fun part comes.  I'm going to have to be extra careful putting on socks, until the new nail has grown out enough.

Winding down the week
As this week winds down, I'll be finishing up Week 3 of the Couch to 5K program today.  I went to the movies after work yesterday, so I didn't get my C25K in, but I did end up getting my 10K steps finished after coming home from the movie last night!

Oh, what did I see?  Independence Day: Resurgence!  I saw it at my local IMAX and they turned up the sound!  It was fantastic!  Sure, it was just as outlandish as the first one, but I wanted more!  I was actually disappointed that wasn't longer than it was.



Bike

Well, a challenge has been issued.  I need to get the bike off the stand and actually go ride it this weekend!


Our neighborhood is having a garage sale weekend, so I'll start any of my activities after the sales a supposed to close at 4pm.  So, Couch to 5K this afternoon and a bike ride tomorrow afternoon!



Thanks for Reading!
Regards, ~Kipp
2016 - Challenge Year: Me Vs. Me!

Check the link above to see my current and past races.

No comments:

Post a Comment