Saturday, December 3, 2011

End of Week 7 Half Marathon Training!

End of week 7 with a 7 mile run that I started a 7!!

Below is a little review of some of the items I tried on tonights run.

Clif Shot Citrus  =========================================
This one I had while I was actually running.  It had warmed up in the waist pack, and really wasn't all that awful.  It's sort of like a lime Lifesavers.  They also aren't kidding that you'll need water to be able to slug this goo down while running.  So this is going to be something I'll have at a water stop.
 Clif Shot Strawberry
=========================================
This one I had at the recommended 15 minutes before activity.  This is awful!  Who ever is their taste tester has obviously never tasted a strawberry in their life!  I'm glad I didn't have this one during my run, after body temp had warmed it up.  That might have ended my run tonight a bit prematurely.
 Nathan 5K Running Belt  =========================================
The one I have is actually black and neon yellow.  Dick's Sporting goods also had it in all Black, Orange/Black and Pink/Black.  I'm happy with this purchase.  The camera, a couple Clif Shots and some Clif Bloks all fit into the pouch with no problem.  The belt didn't bounce or move at all. 

Very happy with this so far.

  Thrive Flexibility Strap =========================================
This is another purchase today.  My years of sitting around have left me VERY INFLEXIBLE. I did some of the exercises that are included in the flier, and let me tell you, I'm now just going to call this thing the fat man torture device.

The first exercise is to lay on your back, one knee bent and foot on the floor.  The other foot you put your foot on the bottom of that strap device and then you are supposed to start at a 90 degree angle and start pulling.

This is how bad my flexibility is, I cannot even START at the 90 degree position!  I have a feeling that I'm going to be a bit more sore than usual tomorrow!

I also picked up a variety pack of Jelly Belly Sport Beans and some Clif Shot Bloks, but will try those on another run.


Here is this year's map of the Half Marathon.  Tonights run of 7 miles puts me past the exit of the Magic Kingdom run through and headed back to Epcot!  The race is 5 weeks from TODAY!





Thanks for Reading!  Regards,

~Kipp



Running to 2012... and BEYOND!
Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon - January 7, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment