Saturday, August 20, 2011

I'm a Couch to 5K (#C25K) Graduate!

I've managed to snag a FEW pictures of the journey along the way.  Let's see the progression over these past months!  I began near the beginning of this year weighing in at the Doctors office at #282!  By the time I started C25K, I had managed to drop down to #275 by March 22, 2011.

May 6, 2011 Week 4 Day 3 on Treadmill #266

May 20, 2011 Week 5 Day 3 on Treadmill #260

July 15, 2011 Week 4 Day 2 Running Outside #253

August 20, 2011 Week 9 Day 3 Running Outside #249
When I checked the weather for tonights run, it looked like I was in for some light rain.  No T-Storms, so I figure it's a GO!  The weather I got was SUNNY and HUMID!  Rain held off and the sun stayed out almost 100% of the time I was out for my run.  It was murder trying to keep a faster pace, but I put the most I could into it.

My Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor shows that I stayed in the 170's for most of the run, which is higher than I've manged to keep it at so far.  Usually I'm in the 160's on the long segment run.

Down side of it being so blasted hot & humid was I was sweating tons and I finished my water bottle about 3/4's of the way through the run! 

Along this portion of my journey to loose #100, I've now accumulated tons of new websites to follow and read.  I've also picked up a lot of new jargon, and thanks to this page, you might be able to decipher some of what I've been blabbering about these past few months!  I've read many inspiring stories of people that are doing the very same thing I'm going to do.  Make it down to Disney World next January and complete the 15th Annual Disney World  1/2 Marathon!  

I've found out that several of my "Disney" friends are also going to be down there that weekend and I'm really looking forward to seeing all of them again.  Some of them are doing the full Marathon, and one is doing the Goofy Challenge, which is the 1/2 on Saturday and the Full on Sunday!! 

Well, I see by my counters on the right side there, as of Today, I'm down to 13 Days till I'm at Disney World with Dad and my Step-Mom!  Down to 140 days till the Marathon Weekend!!  I've found a running trail sheet for where we are staying at:

Walt Disney World - Port Orleans Resort
We will be staying at the Riverside portion of the resort this time.  This will be my first time over there.  I've loved the times I've stayed at the French Quarter portion of the resort.  I'm definitely planning on going to see my friend Yehaa Bob Jackson a time or two while we are there!

Well, on the contest front, I think Dad's thrown in the towel.  I think I've got something in mind for our contest now!

Well, this is a bit of a long post with all the pictures and all, so I think I wrap it up here! Thanks for Reading!  Regards,

~Kipp

Running to 2012... and BEYOND!
Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon - January 7, 2012  

No comments:

Post a Comment