Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 4 Day 1 of C25K FAIL!

Important lesson learned today:

Drink Water.  Hydrate properly!  I failed at this today, and would up with a massive cramp in my left calf at the 11:00 minute mark.  I paused the treadmill and noticed that I wasn't sweating like I had been, then realizing that I'd not had any water all day long.  I drank some water and worked most of the cramp out and tried to continue on.

I did about half of the running in the segments, walking the rest.

Here are some guidelines for those of you playing at home:

2 hours before exercise - 2 cups water

10-15 minutes before exercising - 1 to 2 cups water

Every 15-20 minutes while exercising - 1/2 to 1 cup

10-20 minutes after exercising - 1 to 3 cups
*1) shamelessly taken from "The Beginneing Runner's Handbook" by Ian MacNeill and the Sport Medicine Council of British Columbia.

 
With this, I'm going to finish out this week by doing W3 D2 and D3 over again.  So, yes, I'm calling DO OVER!


Thanks for reading!  Regards,

~Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment