Sunday, July 31, 2016

I'm running on the Road to Nowhere

Totals for Last week!
My mileage for last week dropped a little bit to 22.67 miles. My eight week total is now 162.98 miles!








SunMonTueWedThurFriSat
1286712928150741297546451305512994

Coming in at a grand total of: 84,538 Steps for the week!  Since I've been keeping track during this training, that now makes 510,878 steps! Over the half million mark!

Last Thursday, my legs let me know I was overdoing it a bit.  So I scaled back to rest them.  

5 years ago, that's a lesson I didn't learn quickly.  You have to listen to what your body is telling you.  I woke up Thursday morning with legs that were just screaming with aches.  

I'm thinking the inserts the shoe shop recommended for me are the culprit.

I've gone back to the standard shoe liner, and my legs & feet now feel fine.

Something to Note:I'm only counting ACTIVITY miles, not overall step miles, as that can be wildly inaccurate sometimes.  So, my morning/evening walks and my program activities are all I'm using for my total mileage each week.

C25K Final Week Review
I have completed C25K for 2016!  I made it all the way through without repeating a week!

This week was a funny buildup.  Starting with a 28 minute run, 29 then finally a 30 minute run.  I don't really see how that really made a difference, but I kept to that plan!

On to Bridge to 10K!  Or, B210K!


W1 D1
W1 D2
W1 D3
Warm up 5 minutes
Warm up 5 Minutes
Warm up 5 Minutes
Run 10 Minutes / Walk 1 Minute
(4x)
Run 10 Minutes / Walk 1 Minute
(4x)
Run 10 Minutes / Walk 1 Minute
(4x)
Cool Down 5 minutes
Cool Down 5 Minutes
Cool Down 5 Minutes

So, we begin increasing the overall running times over C25K. This first week takes us from a total of 40 minutes at the end of C25K up to 54-ish minute total.

B210K, here I come!
B210K takes us from the 30 minute solid run up to a 60 minute solid run time.

When I run the 1/2 Marathon, I don't run anywhere near that length of time at one stretch, but these 2 programs really help build up the stamina that you need to complete the race.

During the next 6 weeks, I'm going to start playing around with some intervals, to see where I'm at on off-days to the program.

Counting down!
Family reunion (Mom's side) is this upcoming weekend! Biggest challenge for me next weekend is to not over-do the eating (well, at least not TOO BAD).  I'll be taking some running gear and hitting the nice rails-to-trails path that they have there.  I've run it before and it's a really nice path.

Vacation in 41 days!  I'm not driving down!!  Orbitz sent me a reduced fare notification Tuesday and I was all over that one!  ROUND TRIP $163!  Non-stop going down, but I have a short layover coming back.  Since I slacked on making the room reservations for the driving trip down, I didn't have anything to cancel! 

Sure, both flights are EARLY AM, but it just gives me more vacation time!


157 Days until Marathon Weekend!  I've been sticking to the plan for the most part, only shifting things a day or two when needed.  So, as long as I keep it up, I'm hoping for my best 1/2 Marathon at Disney World!

And now, for your listening enjoyment...





Thanks for Reading!
Regards, ~Kipp

2016 - Challenge Year: Me Vs. Me!
Check the link above to see my current and past races.

No comments:

Post a Comment