Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Long, Long road ahead.

My journey there and back...
Just to give a comparison, I have a picture of me in the same shirt 3 years ago and then again today.  Bad haircut 3 years ago and needs a haircut today!

Sad part is, the huge neck and extra chin are back, making most of my shirts uncomfortable.  The huge belly means my shirts no longer tuck in very well either.
May 2011

April 2014
First intervals since the groin pull...
This is kind of how I felt the first times hitting the run interval, for at least 2 out of the 3 miles tonight:



Yeah, it wasn't feeling that great.  Like a big knot or having an extra... *ahem*  Once I got past 2 miles, everything started to feel better.  Now that I'm home and cleaned up, everything is still in it's proper place, so I think I'm good to go.

The last mile I was actually able to get in some longer intervals of actual jogging speeds, without it feeling awkward.  

How I think I look out there
The self consciousness of being out there again at this weight is just making me feel uneasy.  I know that I've just got to say I don't care what anyone is thinking, just get out there and get this done... again!



Around the 3:50 mark in the video really is a strong expression of how I was feeling out there today!

Eating
I was much more aware of what I was eating this week.  Was it all good, no.  But I was much better than I have been in months.  

I will now be hitting the farmers markets and local butchers to start getting some cleaner foods into me.  Today was the first local farmers market of the year and they didn't have much.  They said Mid to late May is when they will have a good variety of items.  I still bought a pound of ground beef from a local farmer and looked at some lamb patties, thinking that those might make some nice lamb sliders, if I can find the recipe again...

A big difference 3 years ago and now was that I was monitoring my carb intake much more closely.  I know I need to drop most of what I have been eating because my body cannot handle those carbs anymore.


Past time to hit the RESET button...
*BAM!!*

Indy 500 Mini Marathon (1/2 Marathon)
With a week to go for the Indy 500 Mini Marathon, I'm really not sure what to expect out of myself.  Almost zero training and a lot of extra weight.  It's going to be rough.

Oh, I'll be there!  I'll be starting!  Next Friday I'll be at the Mini expo and I know I'll post some pictures up about that on my Facebook account.  I don't remember if KT Tape had a booth at the past Mini Expo's, I think they did.  The Indy Mini is a pretty big race, so I expect they'll have a taping boot there.  I may get my ankle and calf done up again, just for some extra psychological measures (and maybe some physical ones).

The thing I'm most looking forward to is actually being on the track.  Kiss the Bricks!!!

The Long, Long Road Ahead
It's very evident that I've lost a LOT of conditioning these past 6 months.  It's nowhere near as bad as when I started 3 years ago, but it sure feels like it sometimes!

I'm signed up for races throughout the year, all leading up for next years Goofy race and a Half challenge at Disney world.

I have plans, I just need to stick to them and STOP EATING all the junk I have been.  Also to eat much less than I have been too!  

I have a couple of months left to pay off my car, so once that monthly expense is released I'm going to sign up at a local gym too.  I want to have a full Running/Riding/Strength training program in place before I go to my full marathon in September!

Thanks for Reading!
Regards, ~Kipp




2014 - The Road to Goofy 2015!

Check the link above to see my current and past races.


No comments:

Post a Comment